Monday, September 12, 2011

“The Wilderness” -Labor Day


Labor Day weekend was one of those weekends that I intended to just relax but it didn't quite happen that way.  After my first week in my “wilderness,” I have to admit my exhaustion. I hiked, played team challenging games, learned about trees, insects species, lake ecology, and finally the weekend comes and I’ve got my heart set on spending time in my bed… Well, you’ve probably figured out by now that life didn’t turn out that way.

It actually turned out a lot better. J

I’m going to try keep this entry short and sweet, like the weekend I just experienced.  Yes I had a two day weekend, unlike the majority of Americans who partied, cooked out, or just relaxed for three whole days, I was busy re-adjusting my mentality and I actually worked today.  Although it wasn’t intentional, I definitely experienced a life changing revelation.

So what exactly happen?  I realized that as much as I was trying to be “positive,” during this experience in the wilderness, my higher self showed me that I not only must  change the way I think but I  must change what I believe.  I didn’t realize, until this weekend that my attempts to be “positive” was, yes, genuine, but they weren’t real because I was trying to convince myself  to like the things about life that I actually don’t like, instead of simply choosing to focus on the parts of my life that I actually do enjoy.

Let me give you a REAL LIFE example of what I mean.

So, again as the majority of you know, I am a singer/songwriter and that is one of my passions that I am moving towards creating a flourishing career out of.  Before this weekend, I would often notice the fact that I’m not doing that right now.  Of course, inevitable doubts, worries, and fears arrive and then I try to FORCE my self to be happy with not having my career just yet.

But, this weekend, all alone sitting in what I call, “intense silence,” which means that there’s a lot of back and forth conversation in my head, a very special message was revealed itself to me.  Being positive does not mean I have to lie to myself!  And you guys won’t believe how much relief follows that understanding.

In fact, we actually stop the universal flow of God’s blessings by thinking about things in that way.  Let me explain briefly, what you choose to focus on, make sure it’s something that you ACTUALLY FEEL POSITIVE about. God doesn’t want us to lie to ourselves, but recognize that we have a choice to choose what our minds will rest on.

If your bank account isn’t as full as you’d like it to be, don’t focus on that because it’s only going to bring your vibrations down.  Think of vibrations as a ladder that has everything you want at the very top and everything you DON’T want at the bottom.  When we feel down… we go down the ladder.  When we feel good, we move upwards.  So what does that tell us?  The most important thing is our FEELINGS! It’s not our job to figure out the HOW, or the WHEN, our only duty is to make sure that we’re FEELING GOOD!

So, if you don’t know me… you should know that I have an extreme personality.  You can only imagine what happen after this discovery, I went on a rampage of picking out things in my life that I am genuinely positive about and I honestly haven’t stopped since.  My conversation within my mind has changed and I feel like a brand new BEING.

I’m telling you guys, that I’m expecting some really big changes to happen soon.  And I sincerely vow, that as they happen, I’ll let you know the evidences.  I already feel more powerful, more confident, more at peace, and more understanding of my purpose than I’ve ever felt before.  It’s just a matter of when and according to what I’m feeling, SOON, everything will manifest itself.  In the mean time, I will just enjoy feeling so DAMN GOOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment