Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My first time.. was the BEST TIME!


I've had the BEST weekend ever... Not only did I get a chance to chill with some cool people and go out of the wilderness for a bit... I was able to go on a boat trip and wakeboard... for my first time.

I honestly didn't think that I was going to be in the water that day.  I was dressed in my "chill out" clothes.  You know a long wrap dress and nice t-shirt... sandles.  I didn't have a bathing suit, I was planning to literally.. CHILL.

SO, here's how I was convienced to get into the water. After riding and watching everyone enjoy the Lake water, a collegue of mine gave me a challenge, and if you know anything about me.. the one thing you know is that I DO NOT turn down challenges too often.  It's a strength and weakness but this time I was so glad I decided to take on her bet.

"Prisci's not dressed to get in the water." as I layed back in the sun and enjoyed the ride.

"So, Prisci.. the only way I'm going to wakeboard is if you do," and there came the pressure.  Well, honestly it wasn't that much because I secretly wanted to feel the cold water, that occasionally splashed on my arm, to be all over my body.

After a few more probes, I finally got the nerve to just switch bottoms and tops with two of my co-workers... and I went for it. 

I strapped on a life vest.  Listened carefully to the instructions that Nate, the owner of the boat and the professional water wakeboarder, gave so profoundly. 


There were a few girls that went before this "challenge" came about.  Only one other girl managed to get above the water before me... but I observed their every move, even though, initially, I wasn't planning on getting in. 

I'm so thankful I did.  I had the time of my life.

My first time.. was literally the best time.. because on my FIRST TRY I was on top of the water. Holding on, in amazement at myself, my 60 second adventure ended as my excitement and unbelief got the best of me.  But, like the defiante leo that I am, I got up and did it all over again..

It feels so good to allow life to just happen these days.  I wasn't planning on going on a boat this weekend.. but it happen because my energy allowed it.. and that feels good to know that I'm responsible for ALLOWING such a beautiful experience with such beautiful people. 



No comments:

Post a Comment